Saturday, November 14, 2009

Trying Something New

I've always been a big advocate of trying new things, so when my sister suggested writing a blog during my downtime rather than facebook stalking for hours a day I thought it might be fun. After hours of research I discovered two things: I cannot and will never comprehend html and I have no desire to do so. I think I better stick with what I know, which is cooking and consequently what this blog is about. More to the point, I want to share with you all my adventures (and recipes!) in being a fraternity chef.

Being a recent college graduate in desperate need of a job, I stumbled upon an opening in my little brother's fraternity. They needed a chef who could cook; I could cook and needed a job. Seemed like a win-win situation. Never mind the fact that I had never cooked for more than 10 people, my BA is in French not culinary arts, and I am somewhat germaphobic. After taking the job, I came to the realization that there is little to no information about how to cook for large groups, and doubling or quadrupling a recipe simply doesn't work. Also, frat boys may actually be the dirtiest most disgusting and uncivilized creatures on earth, but they crack me up and make every day interesting. They also really appreciate good-old-fashioned home cooking (in very large quantities), and even put up with my attempts at recipe creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment