Monday, December 7, 2009

I've Never Been to a Book Signing Before

Menu: Lunch: Pepperoni and Cheese Calzones w/ Marinara Dipping Sauce
Dinner: Oven Pork Chops with Stuffing and Veggie

Happy Monday!!! I’m actually really excited that it’s Monday because… I get to meet the pioneer woman (http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/) tonight! You’re jealous, just admit it. I had to get in extra early today to make lunch for the boys so I could go get wristbands for tonight. It was rather sneaky, mean and evil of Borders to force us to A. Go get wristbands B. You could only get them today C. Not allow you to get them for other people D. Not announce anywhere that you needed wristbands or that the time was changed from 7 to 6. Luckily I thought to call just in case (being the good little scout that I am). So, I’m very excited!

On a sad note… Dora, my Ford Explorer decided to go lame this weekend. There is a problem with the clutch. Does bad luck have good timing with me or what? Here it is, nearly Christmas, and I’m going to be out of work (and out of pay!) for a month, and my car goes on the fritz. Hopefully it will be something minor (please let it be something minor!). So if you’ve a mind to, pray for Dora.

In frat news, GA tech won their game Saturday and will be going to the Orange Bowl against Iowa. Be impressed, I didn’t even have to Google that. Actually, don’t be that impressed. I know they won because of the state of the house when I got here this morning (let’s just say the burn barrel was still smoking). Also, all of the plastic cups were gone. When all of the plastic cups have disappeared, you know it was a good party. However, that means I have a bunch of boys shuffling through the kitchen in search of cups. They don’t believe me when I say there are no more plastic cups, unless they want to rinse the beer out of the 50 or so that are still sitting on the pool table (I can just see my dad cringe at the desecration. Cups on the pool table, they must be heathens!) .

Tonight’s meal is one of my favorite winter meals. It’s warm and hearty and definitely a guy-pleaser. Well, that is, every guy but my own. My husband has an unfortunate dislike for stuffing and does not have a very favorable outlook on pork chops. When it comes to cuisine, he has a lot of hang-ups. But, the boys are less picky than he is, and they love this dish. The best part, it’s super easy and cheap. It can easily be scaled down, and as there’s only 6 ingredients (if you count the butter it takes to make the stuffing) it’s nearly impossible to mess up.

Oven Pork Chops with Stuffing
Serves 45
45 Pork Chops (I prefer bone in pork chops, but thick cut loin chops will do as well)
9 boxes Stove Top Stuffing Mix
9 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
4 ½ cups Milk
Seasoning Salt

Lightly season pork chops with seasoning salt. In a non-stick skillet over medium-high, brown pork chops briefly on each side. A couple minutes or so per side, the object is to get some color and flavor to the meat, not cook it through. Prepare stuffing as package directs.

Pre-heat oven to 325. Arrange pork chops in a baking dish so they do not overlap. Spoon a generous amount of stuffing on top of each pork chop (a large cookie scoop or an ice cream scoop is especially helpful if you want to make it a neat and pretty mound). Mix together soup and milk until thoroughly combined. Pour evenly over pork chops. Cover and bake for 1 hour.
Note: If you want to make this family size, its 5 pork chops, 1 box of stuffing, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and ½ cup of milk, follow the directions above.

No comments:

Post a Comment